(Newbie alert) Reboot after SuSE shutdown.
  • From: Brian Durant <durant@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 17:21:11 +0700
Hello again,

I want to halt the system in one of the following ways:

Using the command halt
Using the command shutdown
By choosing Shutdown at the graphical login (KDM)

The system starts shutting down, but reboots at the end of the shutdown
process.

The SuSE DB states that the cause is as follows:

The power management is activated in the BIOS of the PC. This can
cause such unwanted reboots in some cases. The solution is listed as
disabling the power management "in the BIOS of your PC". That of
course assumes that you know to how to do this. Any ideas?? I have a
Soyo Dragon Plus! motherboard. There are a number of power options,
but I don't know which to turn off.

--
Best regards,
Brian mailto:durant@xxxxxxxxxx