Re: [SLE] email client and Yahoo smtp
  • From: Derek Fountain <fountai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 15:30:50 +0000
On Thursday 07 March 2002 3:16 pm, you wrote:
http://sdb.suse.de/en/sdb/html/sendmail_smtp_auth.html

This has appeared since I last looked at the support database. It looks
pretty simple, but it also looks just like the information I got from
sendmail.org, which didn't work! I'll give it another try tonight when I get
home.

Just to clarify though, the new config file has this format:

USERNAME
USERNAME
PASSWORD
MAILSERVER

which translates for me (derekfountain at yahoo.co.uk) as:

derekfountain
derekfountain
MYPASSWORD
smtp.mail.yahoo.com

where MYPASSWORD is the one I use to access the Yahoo POP server? I ask
because the sendmail.org blurb asks for (IIRC) realm names and other stuff I
didn't understand.

Also, I got the following instructions from the Redhat list. This will
<snip!>

This looks an awful lot more complicated! Here's hoping the SDB solution or
Pat's postconnect thing just plugs in and goes!

--
3:24pm up 2 days, 55 min, 1 user, load average: 0.04, 0.06, 0.02