Re: [SLE] email client and Yahoo smtp
  • From: Derek Fountain <fountai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 14:18:28 +0000
On Thursday 07 March 2002 1:32 pm, you wrote:
I can tell you how to setup sendmail for authentication. I don't use
Yahoo but my setup works with my ISP who turned it on about a month ago.

Is this what you're looking for??

Yes! Yes! Gimme!!!

The way I have things at the moment is, I have the SuSE out-of-the-box
sendmail which just does the localhost thing: mail is fetched by fetchmail
and squirted by that into the local sendmail system, from where Kmail or
Netscape retrieve it from the user's local mailbox. That works fine. :)

The outgoing mail server is set to localhost, which is great because I can
send mail from Kmail, etc, when off line. I just sits in the spool directory
until I dial up, whereupon it goes off to smtp.mail.yahoo.com, which is the
server address I entered into the rc.config field (I forget which one). It's
this bit that's the problem: my local sendmail now needs to know how to
authenticate itself to the Yahoo server.

If you can tell me how to get that authentication bit set up right, I'd be
seriously grateful!

--
2:10pm up 1 day, 23:42, 1 user, load average: 0.10, 0.10, 0.06