Re: [SLE] email client and Yahoo smtp
  • From: pat <4july65@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 09:15:32 -0500
* Derek Fountain <fountai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [03-07-02 07:55] crowed:
Does anyone know email client (for linux of course) that can send email
through Yahoo smtp? Because I just configure KMail (version 1.2, KDE
2.1.2) to send mail via Yahoo smtp but fail. I've check the Yahoo help
page, and it says that email client must support authentication. It
also
list several email clients (under windows unfortunately)...

They switched it on yesterday didn't they? In the past 2 months (since the
original notification), I've asked twice on this list how to configure for
SMTP authentication, but no one has come up with an answer. My outbound email
ground to a halt yesterday as well. :(

read man fetchmail:

postconnect Command to be executed after each
connection

I just read a web page about this. Check :
http://www.mandrakeuser.org/docs/connect/cmail3.html#smtp
--
Pat Shanahan Registered Linux User #207535
Registered at: http://counter.li.org