Re: [SLE] SuSEfirewall2 help needed
  • From: Piet Roorda <prooroa@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2002 19:02:37 +0100
Keith Winston wrote:

On Tue, Mar 05, 2002 at 02:20:56PM +0000, Dallam wrote:

On Tue, Mar 05, 2002 at 02:01:34PM +0000, Dave Smith wrote:

[snip]

says maybe you need to edit #9. I was thinking that perhaps there
was one other person stuck with a dial-up account that could help me
with this. It isn't a matter of not reading, just a matter of not
understanding.
Regards,
Dallam
--
Dallam Wych dallam.wyche@xxxxxxxxxx

For a dial up connection, you might be better off using the SuSE personal firewall. All you have to do is go into YaST2 and put ppp0 in the REJECT_ALL_INCOMING_CONNECTIONS box. The firewall2 script
is really designed for more complicated network configurations.

Best Regards,
Keith

I thought there were some example scripts, maybe also in respect to forwarding, you don't need to set all the terms, do you?

piet

< Previous Next >