USB Hardrive Problems
  • From: "Art Fore" <art_fore@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 04:35:05 -0800
I have a Maxtor 30 GB usb hardrive. It works most of the time, but when I
need to copy multiple files, it takes forever. I have also had it where it
would not umount, it would come up busy, eventhough Konqueror said
everything was copied. Last night, I copied a directory with sub directories
for a total of about 600 Mb. It got to 150 MB after about a half an hour, so
I went to bed and left it. It took several hours for it to complete.

Also, it will not let me delete any directories or files.

fstab has
/dev/sda1 /windows/D vfat noauto,user 0 2 and
usbdevfs /proc/bus/usb usbdevfs defaults,noauto, 0 0
Drive has no operating system, but is formated as fat32.

Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Ard

  • No further messages