Re: [SLE] Compiling Kernels
  • From: "Anthony W. Marino" <anthony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 16:58:28 -0500
On Monday 04 March 2002 04:50 pm, John Lamb wrote:
You don't lose much, but the latest SuSE kernel is in
ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/people/mantel
or a mirror such as
http://www.mirror.ac.uk/sites/ftp.suse.com/pub/people/mantel/

It has at least been tested a rather more thoroughly with SuSE.

I think the Mantel kernels don't typically have pcmcia support. You
shouldn't need it unless you have a laptop.

I'm already running Mantel 2.4.18 and I'm running on a laptop so I guess
pcmcia support must be built in.

I'm looking for XFS support as well.

Thank You,
Anthony

JDL

"Anthony W. Marino" wrote:
What do I lose if I were to start compiling my own kernels from
"kernel.org" rather than use SuSE kernels? Any SuSE specific system
issues?