Re: [SLE] Laptop experience with Suse?
  • From: David Johanson <dcjohan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2002 07:05:01 -0500
I have a compaq 12XL430 running 7.1 and it works very well. The only
difficulty I've experienced is that I cannot boot directly into 1024 x
768 video mode. I have to boot to the command line and then run startx
to use that one mode although I can boot directly into any lessor video
mode. Sound, video, pcmcia, it all works. Its a dual boot laptop with me
having been pre installed when i bout it about 15 months ago.

the only thing i don't like is the battery life but i guess 3 hours on a
charge isn't terrible even though it was quoted at 4; however, its only
three under 7.1; me gives about 2.5.

dave