Re: [SLE] RE: splash screen
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2002 04:53:54 +0100
On Saturday 02 March 2002 04:41, Landy Roman wrote:
On Fri, 1 Mar 2002 22:31:33 -0500 (EST)
i tried using the one for 7.3 spalshanim.rpm but no luck, i did not see
appending images to initrd as you said; however i saw something like
rc_splash no found during boot

OK, I'm sorry. It's been too long since I messed with 7.2. I just looked at
the mk_initrd script from my 7.2 DVD, and there's nothing there about boot
splash images. This is how it's done in 7.3, but in 7.2 it seems it's
compiled into the kernel directly.

Perhaps there's something the kernel builders forgot when they compiled for
7.2?! I don't know.

//Anders