Re: [SLE] RE: splash screen
  • From: Landy Roman <landy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 22:41:18 -0500 (EST)
On Fri, 1 Mar 2002 22:31:33 -0500 (EST)
Landy Roman <landy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Sat, 2 Mar 2002 04:20:24 +0100
Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Saturday 02 March 2002 04:18, Landy Roman wrote:
this created /boot/initrd
but still dont have the splash screen

Great, we're halfway there. Now you need the package with the
pictures. In 7.3 it's called splashanim.rpm. If that isn't on the cds
perhaps someone with 7.2

dont see anything in 7.2 with that name nor similar ????

will the one for 7.3 work if so in what dir is it so i can get it from
the ftp site

i tried using the one for 7.3 spalshanim.rpm but no luck, i did not see
appending images to initrd as you said; however i saw something like
rc_splash no found during boot

can say what it's called there.
When you run initrd it should say something like "appending images
from /usr/local/splash"

As a side note, I suspect the reason it worked before the upgrade is
precisely because mk_initrd didn't create anything. You got the
default ramdisk and that had the images in it. After the upgrade you
have to create a new and then you need the package with the images.

//Anders