Re: [SLE] RE: splash screen
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2002 02:23:25 +0100
On Saturday 02 March 2002 02:13, S.Toms wrote:
Problem is, I know mine is configured right, I even have another computer
to compare it with. My suspicions are that the kernel (in my case the
2.4.16) wasn't compile to allow the splash screen. I can boot back up with
the 2.4.4 kernel that came with SuSE 7.2 and the splash screen works fine,
but the 2.4.16 kernel from SuSE's upgrade/kernel directory doesn not.

You can always check with

zgrep SPLASH /proc/config.gz

On my system I get

CONFIG_FBCON_SPLASHSCREEN=y

You should also check the setting for the version of framebuffer you're using

zgrep FB /proc/config.gz will give you the current status.

Incidentally, I'm running 2.4.16 from the official update directory for 7.3.
Are the kernels really different between suse versions? I can't see why they
should be.

//Anders