RE: splash screen
  • From: "S.Toms" <smotrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 17:13:50 -0800 (PST)
On Fri, 1 Mar 2002, Berge, Harry ten wrote:

hb> If you get an answer, please let me know!!!
hb>
hb> Isn't there somebody from SuSE who could let us in on the 'secret of the
hb> splash'???
hb>

The following site explains how to disable it but looking at the
document will explain how to enable it as well.

http://sdb.suse.de/en/sdb/html/cstein_nosplash.html

Problem is, I know mine is configured right, I even have another computer
to compare it with. My suspicions are that the kernel (in my case the
2.4.16) wasn't compile to allow the splash screen. I can boot back up with
the 2.4.4 kernel that came with SuSE 7.2 and the splash screen works fine,
but the 2.4.16 kernel from SuSE's upgrade/kernel directory doesn not.

hb> > From: Tom Nielsen [SMTP:tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
hb> > Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2002 9:26 PM
hb> >
hb> > I used the default kernel and had the rpms...also tried the vga=0x0317. I
hb> > installed using the 7.3 Pro version and didn't compile my own since I
hb> > don't
hb> > know how to do it. The only difference was the CD/floppy. I've tried
hb> > everything that people mention to get it to work and nothing happens.
hb> >
hb> > I'm not about to reinstall to get it working either. I can live with it.
hb> > Plus, it makes me look more impressive to my Windows buddies when they see
hb> > all the text flying by the screen.
hb> >
hb> > You name it, I've tried it.
hb> >
hb> > Tom