3DFX Frustrating
  • From: DSprankle2@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Dale A. Sprankle II)
  • Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 22:02:37 -0500
I made the switch to SuSE7.3 Personal from Mandrake8.1 this past weekend. I've
invested hours of configuring software and getting it to run in SuSE, and
configuring my local network, that's ok, I knew that going in. After all this
time spent the only thing that pisses me off is my 3D graphics. I use a 3DFX
Voodoo 3 2000 AGP. With Mandrake8.1 out of the box I was running Quake3 and
Return to Castle Wlofenstein with absolutely no configuration on my part, at
over 100fps. I just don't have enough linux know how to get this working on in
SuSE.Quake3 runs with Mesa, but it it slow,slow,slow. I am hoping someone will
help me with this so I can be totally satisfied with SuSE. If I can provide
further info, that will help troubleshooting, let me know whatm and how to
obtain it and I will include.

Q3 1.11 linux-i386 Nov 24 1999
----- FS_Startup -----
Current search path: