Re: [SLE] [TROLL]Fixing Linux/Windows was SuSE CTO and President Steps Down
  • From: Tony White <tony@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 23:14:32 +0300

And don't forget that 99.999(9...?)% of windows desktops get a daily reboot. (ie. when the user goes home/bed ;-) )

And... I know of one international humanitarian organisation with over 200 WinNT servers - each of which runs a script to reboot at midnight local time worldwide 'just to make sure'

My SuSE 6.1 router/gateway (on a Compaq Deskpro XE433S) has been running 6 months without reboot (but is about to get the 7.2 treatment!)

Tony