Re: [SLE] Printing choice: CUPS vs. lprng
  • From: Jyry Kuukkanen <jyry@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 06:44:52 +0300 (EEST)

On Wed, 29 Aug 2001, Paul Abrahams wrote:

> What are the pros and cons of printing with CUPS vs. lprng (both of them
> being improvements over the ancient Berkeley printer support)? Are there
> any known incompatibilities between either of them and other products
> such as Win4Lin?

Hello Paul,

I have found CUPS to work as magic. There are problems with some matrix
printers, however.

I have not experiment with win4lin + CUPS combination, but I believe I
will shortly. Ougth to work fine with through Apple LaserWriter...

--Jyry

Chiquita: Tuemme "Puhdas elämä (suomalaiselle) lapselle"
sekä "Paha elämä banaaninpoimijalle" kampanjoita