Which KDE22-SuSE ftp or KDE ftp for SuSE distro?
I am going to install the the kde 2.2 and I wanted opinions on whether the
KDE ftp for the SuSE distro's or the SuSE ftp with K2.2. is more stable?

I believe I'll follow Ben's advice and dl the seperate sub branchs into
discrete folders e.g. base into base folder, devs in dev, and apps in apps
folder - running SuSEConfig after each sub branch is install.

Any other comments or clues would be appreciated - I'd really like to avoid
the artsd/sound snafu if at all possible (oh and does it matter whether or
not you upgrade the XF86 before or after?).

TIA Curtis

  • No further messages