RE: [SLE] SuSE CTO and President Steps Down
  • From: "Harrell, Tim" <HarrelT1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 10:02:55 +0100
In order to flourish, Distro sellers like SuSE need to be able to make
high-margin revenue from Consultancy.
The danger is that IBM is going to suck up all that business for itself
and choke off the income potential for companies like SuSE and RedHat,
with disastrous consequences for the health of Linux in the commercial
sector.
IBM is a Big Blue Elephant, it may not desire to deliberately destroy
linux, but it could end up trampling on the essential distro producers
and killing them off all the same.

Tim Harrell