RE: [SLE] fstab - sys reinstall
  • From: "Daniel Woodard" <schreck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 02:51:11 -0400

> Oh, wait, there's something in YAST I used to use for this

Thanks everyone. YAST saves the day.

I noticed in YAST, that hdb1 and sda1 were present, but not assigned mount
points.

I made hdb1 mount at /basement and sda1 mount at /mirror.

What threw me off was /data1 and /data2, I don't remember ever seeing them
before. YAST did leave them in fstab, so I commented them out, along with
all the links to CDROM, DVD and floppy - I truly don't need them on this
particular machine.

Now it's all nice and neat at the root level again.

The server is up, SAMBA works, NETALK works, and the PII333 lives on!