SSH & Public Keys
  • From: Timothy R.Butler <tbutler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 12:37:32 -0500
Hi everyone,
I was wondering if anyone could advise me on how to accomplish the
following, which I know is possible, but haven't had success in doing.
I use ssh and scp a lot, so I would like to avoid typing in my password
every time I want to copy a file, or type a command on my remote server. I
know that I should copy my identity.pub, and put it in ~/.ssh over on the
remote server, but what else do I need to do? It seems that isn't enough, as
I still have to type my password to login.

Thanks,
Tim

Timothy R. Butler Universal Networks
tbutler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ICQ #12495932 AIM: Uninettm