RE: [SLE] ICS
  • From: kbb0927@xxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 13:19:10 -0400
Scott,

Before I changed to cable modem access, I was doing exactly that: ICS
using SuSE 7.2. Go to www.suse.de/~marc and get SuSEfirewall2-1.6 first.
Set up your basic system, hosts, hosts.allow, and intranet IP addresses.
Make sure you have iptables installed as SuSEfirewall2 uses it. Then
untar it and follow the INSTALL instructions. Then once you configure
/etc/rc.config.d/firewall2.rc.config to your particular system/specs,
you should be up and running a SuSE ICS with whatever your external
port is: ppp, eth, ippp. As a newbie, I did it and compared to Mandrake
it was _MUCH_ easier.

HTH,

Keith B.