Re: [SLE] ifconfig why don't I have the command in bash
  • From: Jack Malone <jmalone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 10:24:35 -0500
At 04:06 PM 8/28/2001 +0200, neil briggs wrote:
Dear List Memebers,

I am trying to locate my linux systems ip address. I thought I could use the
ifconfig rth0 command that would return the ip address. The problem is that
the command is not found on my machine.

When using my colleagues machine I can use the command no problem. We are
under the deluded impression that we chose the same options during the
installation of suse 7.1.
You have to be root to run this command, it want run under a normal user.
log on as root an then ifconfig eth0 or as normal do su an give root password an then run the command.

jack malone
Network Administrator
EAST TEXAS LIGHTHOUSE FOR THE BLIND
dba HORIZON INDUSTRIES