ICS
  • From: Scott Parks <sparks@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 11:13:22 -0400
Morning-

I have been so impressed with Suse installing it for an ISP I am doing work for
that I am considering blowing away my Mandrake 8 install @ home. This box
replaced my Win@K box that was doing Internet Connection Sharing and failed
miserably. The Mandrake box does not seem entirely stable, if I power down
and then bring it back up to connect and share the Internet connection it
does not work and I have to re-run the Connection Sharing scripts.

My question, is anyone using Suse for simple Internet Connection Sharing? How
about multilink with ppp? I never got that to work under Mandrake, but one
modem is still faster under Linux than two modems under Win2K.

This box has one job in life, connect to my ISP and share the connection to
my internal network. Reconnect if the line is dropped.

Before I dive into the ipchains set-up I want to make sure there is not a script
like Mandrake that might simplify this.

Thanks,

-Scott