Re: [SLE] install?
Ok, I assume you've been to
ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/i386/supplementary/X/XFree86/XFree86-4.1.0-SuSE/suse72
if not go there and dl all the files. (if you got the generic xf86 rpms
delete them. Dl these into or put them in to a seperate folder. Then get
the "sax2" file and put that into a folder inside the xf86 folder (don't want
to run this install at the same time as the X stuff). Then go back to the
original dl page at suse and click the README link, open up a console and
type "sux" and the give the root password. Follow the README and to the
rpm --nodeps --force -Uhv *.rpm from inside the xf86 folder you created, then
give the "ldconfig" command.
Now, go into the sax folder and run "rpm -Uhv sax2*.i386.rpm". You will need
the "Perl" packages which is indicated in the README, you should have them -
if not install them. If you mouse and monitor, vcard, etc is setup already
them to "cp XF86Config XF86Config.bk" to save the original config file and
then reverse it "cp XF86Config.bk XF86Config" to put it back later.

Good luck. Curits

On Tuesday 21 August 2001 11:46 pm, daniel wrote:
> suse linux 7.2
> brand new install
> haven't screwed with anything

< Previous Next >