Re: [SLE] kde2.2 still does not start ...grrr (solved)
  • From: "Rafael E. Herrera" <raffo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 17:00:22 -0400
jayhen wrote:

> To bad I just read your message because I have been having problems with
> KDE since I stuned on FAM. I had no idea what the problem was but after
???

> 30+ tries of checking everything out to deleting all of KDE to
> reinstalling KDE. I still have the problem that KDE doesn't startup all
> of the time now.
>
> Have you experienced any other problems since turning off FAM?

I set START_FAM to "no" in rc.config, commented out its entry in
/etc/inetd.conf.

Also, I used yast1 to resolve any dependency left from the forced
installation of the kde2.2. packages. I've also installed almost all of
the kde2.2 packages, except the qt3 libraries, the asian languages libs,
and some apps which don't seem important.

I've deleted everything kde related in my home dir and /tmp, with this,
as regular user:

$ cd ~
$ rm -rf .kde2 .?COP* KDesktop /tmp/dcop* /tmp/k* /tmp/.ICE-unix/*
/tmp/.X11-unix/* /tmp/.fam* /tmp/mcop*

Make sure you kill any kde process from a failed start: "killall -9
kdeinit"

It's started fine several times this moprning. When I get back home I'll
check again.

Rafael