Re: [SLE] KDE-2.2 and no anti-aliasing
  • From: Gerhard den Hollander <gerhard@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 15:58:26 +0200
* Jesse Marlin <jesse.marlin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Tue, Aug 21, 2001 at 09:40:14AM -0400)

> I figured that anti-aliasing would have been compiled into SuSE's
> qt-2.3.1, but it just wouldn't work. The anti-aliasing stuff can be
> turned on and off with an environment variable, so why not compile it
> in, what is the penalty. People that don't need it just disable it. Did
> I miss something here? Luckily I still had my older version qt-2.3.0
> and I just relinked the /usr/lib/qt2 to point to it, and anitaliasing
> works again. I tried the version from ftp.kde.org, and ftp.suse.com,
> and neither had anti-aliasing turned on.

Im running the kde22 from suse72 with the tq231 and it all works fine.
Ever since KDE 2.1.something or other you do not need to use an environment
variable to get AA, all you need is to use the KDE control panel
(look and feel -> fonts)

Kind regards,
--
Gerhard den Hollander Phone +31-10.280.1515
Global Technical Support Fax +31-10.280.1511

gdenhollander@xxxxxxxxxxxx POBox 1573
visit us at http://www.jasongeo.com 3000 BN Rotterdam
JASON.......#1 in Reservoir Characterization The Netherlands

This e-mail and any attachment is/are intended solely for the named
addressee(s) and may contain information that is confidential and privileged.
If you are not the intended recipient, we request that you do not
disseminate, forward, distribute or copy this e-mail message.
If you have received this e-mail message in error, please notify us
immediately by telephone and destroy the original message.