Weird Source RPM build problem
  • From: "Harrell, Tim" <HarrelT1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 10:40:16 +0100
I have built the RPM for 'plugger' from the source rpm.
However, when I do a rebuild it doesn't complete the final stage of
processing because of a bizarre problem with checking the man page.

This is what happens:
cp plugger.7 /usr/local/man/man7/
+ test -x /usr/sbin/Check -a 0 = 0
+ echo 'I call /usr/sbin/Check...'
I call /usr/sbin/Check...
+ /usr/sbin/Check
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2377 Aug 16 21:26
/usr/local/man/man7/plugger.7.gz
+ /usr/lib/rpm/brp-compress
Processing files: plugger-3.2-1
File not found: /usr/local/man/man7/plugger.7

The RPM rebuild processing compresses the man page and then bombs out
because
the original non-compressed page cannot be found. Little wonder!

What can I do to make rpm to process this correctly so it checks for the
.gz
file after compressing it?
Other source rpms seem to be ok (ie they compress the man page but check
for the .gz version).

Tim Harrell MKIRisk
Midas-Kapiti International
1 St. George's Road
Tel: +44 (0) 20 8486 1834 Wimbledon
Fax: +44 (0) 20 8944 7963 London
SW19 4DR
Email: tim.harrell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx UK

This email message is intended for the named recipient only. It may be
privileged and/or confidential. If you are not the intended named
recipient of this email then you should not copy it or use it for any
purpose, nor disclose its contents to any other person. You should
contact Midas-Kapiti International as shown below so that we can take
appropriate action at no cost to yourself.
Midas-Kapiti International Ltd, 1 St George's Road, Wimbledon, London,
SW19 4DR, England. Email: Postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Tel: (44) 20 8879
1188 Fax: (44) 20 8947 3373. Midas-Kapiti International Ltd is
registered in England and Wales under company no. 971479

< Previous Next >