Virus protection in Linux (May be slightly OT)
OK .....this may be an academic question...but i would value your
opinions.
Over the past few weeks, I have been paying a lot of attention to anti
virus programs, mainly due to my windows system at work. I noticed that
one of the companies had just released a Linux version of one of it's
products, so I downloaded it and installed it...just for fun.
I have noticed that when it checks my mutt mail directory, it reports
the number of files as the number of directories/folders I have. If it
detects a virus under the auto clean option.....do you think it would
remove all of the messages in the folder....or just the offending
message/attachment. The program is F-Prot.

Regards
Brian

--
Brian Galbraith | GnuPG 1.0.6 | SuSE Linux 7.2
PGP Key 0x8232434C

  • No further messages