Re: Re: LinuxCAD 2000
  • From: "S.Toms" <smotrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 21:47:53 -0700 (PDT)
On Tue, 21 Aug 2001, Christian Klippel wrote:

ck> re,
ck>
ck> sure, youre right. but anyway, i just signed up and submitted a
ck> whish for a linux version.
ck>
ck> it would be nice if others would do this too..... how many people
ck> are on this list ? if everyone of us here submits a whish for a
ck> linux version, maybe we can force them a little to think about
ck> that seriously ... it takes some time to sign up, ok, but if we
ck> never try, nothing would happen at all... its up to us to "force"
ck> them (and others too) to make linux versions of the software.
ck>

Question is, how many on the list will PAY for it? AutoCAD runs a bit of
money, even more when your talking Mechanical Desktop. What it's gonaa
take is coporations convincing Autodesk that it's worth their while to
port to a Non-MS OS.
Individuals arn't going to convince them unfortunately, what we need is
companies that are currently using it to request it. If Autodesk sees
hundreds of companies requesting it then they'll probably take notice.

ck> greets,
ck>
ck> chris
ck>