Re: [SLE] Which KDE 2.2 rpms for SuSE 7.1 are better?
  • From: John W Mislan <basslake@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 22:42:23 -0400
Hi Paul!

On Mon, 20 Aug 2001, Paul Abrahams wrote:

> John W Mislan wrote:
>
> > I just installed kde 2.2 update from the SuSE-Linuks (kde-service) yesterday.
> > You will definately need the qt- packs that are in the 'kde=base' directory,
> > qt.rpm, and qt-extentions.rpm, and the qtlib.rpm, from the apps directory.
> >
> > Then I had no problem, accept for Dcop-server not running messages.
> > I deleted Dcop, and moved all old kde2-dirs out of root.
> > Also delete any kde,Dcop stuff in /tmp.
> >
> > A bit of jigling, but kde2.2 came up okay then. Running Konqurior,
> > I got, 'ssl' not found error or something to that effect, but there was a post
> > on the list here, that probably solves this.
>

> I saw something about the ssl problem also. Is that a reason to use the
> packages at kde.org instead? Or is there a better solution?
>
> Paul

I don't know Paul, but I tend to trust SuSE more, you will have to search
the list here, with mutt, /kde2 /ssl,or whatever, and see what you think.
Mads, I believe mentioned that suse rpm's were the same, but someone, said that
ssl was working on their setup with the kde.org rpm's . That could be a
platform issue , this is why you will have to reserch the list here for ben's,
and others responces.

We want ssl to work, yes , but for now it wasn't a big problem for me.

Cheers , catch ya later -
John WM