Konqueror eating up memory
Help! For some reason today my PC locked up hard, and only a reboot would
help. I had just installed TrueType fonts yesterday, and was using SSH when
the lockup happened, but I don't really think either of those could have had
anything to do with it.

After some investigation, the problem seems to be that Konqueror, as either
browser or file-manager, goes into some sort of loop in which it never loads,
and just eats up all the memory, swap, CPU etc until the PC hangs.

What is the best way to deal with this, short of a reinstall? Is it worth
trying to uninstall kdebase via YAST, and then reinstall it? And should I
try to do this from a CTRL-ALT-F2 type console, or would it be better to boot
into runlevel 2 at startup?

Any words of wisdom gratefully received!

Kevin