Apache ServerRoot directive
  • From: David List <david@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 00:18:42 +0200
I just looked through my /etc/httpd/httpd.conf file for something and found
that the ServerRoot directive was set to "/usr/local/httpd". Shouldn't this
be "/etc/httpd"? The server is running fine serving a single page with text
and images.
The comments in the file say that this directive should be "the top of the
directory tree under which the server's configuration, error, and log files
are kept".
Well, SuSE's placement of Apache files don't keep configuration, error and
log files in the same directory tree, but shouldn't this directive point to
the tree where the configuration file (/etc/httpd/httpd.conf) is found?

Best regards,
David List