Re: [SLE] How to make UPS working
  • From: dep <dep@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 17:18:18 -0400
On Monday 20 August 2001 10:54, Nick Webb wrote:
| Well, mine wouldn't work (very easily) with the included ups
| software (upsilon in SuSE 7.2), so I grabbed apsupsd
| (http://www.apcupsd.org/). There isn't a SuSE RPM that I know of,
| so you have to build it from source, but it was easy (just follow
| the included directions if you are unfamiliar with compiles). I
| have used apcupsd (on several systems) for the past year or so and
| am very impressed with it. I've used it on APC's Back-UPS and
| Back-UPS Pro models, but apcupsd should work on any APC ups (and
| other brands that are manufactured by APC). If you have a
| tripplite, they have their own opensource software ;) (although I
| can't find it very fast on their site, http://www.tripplite.com).

i have just gotten a back-ups 650, and looked on the apc open source
page to see what their daemon was up to. what i noticed was that
apparently the included cable doesn't work with linux. do you know
offhand whether the apcupsd app supports the one supplied, 940-0020C?
(the apcupsd docs mention supporting a 940-0020B; i'm wondering if
this merely has to do with the age of the docs rather than any real
difference in the cable.)

thanks!

--
dep