Re: [SLE] How to make UPS working
  • From: Nick Webb <nickw@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 07:54:44 -0700
Well, mine wouldn't work (very easily) with the included ups software (upsilon in SuSE 7.2), so I grabbed apsupsd (http://www.apcupsd.org/). There isn't a SuSE RPM that I know of, so you have to build it from source, but it was easy (just follow the included directions if you are unfamiliar with compiles). I have used apcupsd (on several systems) for the past year or so and am very impressed with it. I've used it on APC's Back-UPS and Back-UPS Pro models, but apcupsd should work on any APC ups (and other brands that are manufactured by APC). If you have a tripplite, they have their own opensource software ;) (although I can't find it very fast on their site, http://www.tripplite.com).

_Nick

Anton Makarov wrote:

How to make UPS working under Suse?