GPL ? possibly [OT]
  • From: Mark Hounschell <dmarkh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 06:01:01 -0400
Sorry if this is OT. I've read the GPL and still don't quite understand somthing. If I read it
right I cannot link a Non-GPL closed source app against a GPL library. Is this the case? Also
if that is the case what about include files. Can I use includes to GPL header files in my
closed source Non-GPL app? The later is certainly the critical question. It seems every time
I read the GPL I come away with a different OPINION of what I can and cannot do. It's easier
to understand than many other licenses but I'm no lawyer. The include file question is what
I'm asking about I guess. Again sorry if this is OT or already covered somewhere.

--
Mark Hounschell
dmarkh@xxxxxxxxxx

< Previous Next >