Re: [SLE] The SuSE Linux Server
Ha, I totally agree. I was just at two book stores today, The University of
Wisconsin-Madison and Borders books. They had a fairly comprehensive
selection. Unfortunately, all but a select few were out of date. The most
recent books were the RH books with RH 7.1. The SuSE, KDE, etc were at least
a year old and two versions back - and an awful lot has changed since then.
This is why novice/intermediate users such as myself can get frustrated. The
only real up-to-date media is the Howto's (that's if they're indeed up to
date) and the man pages. The problem with the man pages is if you don't have
a backgroud is comp-sci or training as an Admin you can get lost in
assumptive jargon. If Linux starts to gain any more appreciable market share
it would be great it books could be published at the time of major releases
like other SF products (e.g. like the plethera of those Redmond type
products). Oh well, one can dream.

Cheers, Curtis