Router Advertisement Daemon & Freenet6
  • From: Tazio Ceri <praisetazio@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2001 23:21:17 +0200
Hello list,

I am trying to set up an ipv6 router with freenet6.
I have downloaded their packages but their scripts are giving
me many problems, with the radvd package.
I have downloaded the late version (radvd 0.6.2) without any
result, the bug must be in the startup script.

It contains:

<snip>
rtadvd=/usr/sbin/radvd #correct, the program is there
</snip>
<snip>
Exec $rtadvd -u radvd -C $rtadvdconfigfile
</snip>

So it is calling radvd with the -u parameter, but the program
does not accept the -u parameter.
The man page states there is no -u parameter out there.

I am really no good with bash scripting, so I am asking for help.
I thought "-u" could be some kind of test with the bash (in the
programmer's will), but I do not know what is it.
Now I am trying to call radvd without "-u radvd" parameters, which
are not good as man page says.
But only erasing that thing, it complains about missing ".
So It's not easy for me to find a mistake.. if there is one.
The script is "linux.sh" of the freenet's package "tsp".

Help!

Tazio

  • No further messages