Re: [SLE] Installation catastrophe
  • From: Lourens Steenkamp <l_steenkamp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 13:35:38 +0200
On Wed, 15 Aug 2001 20:44:58 +0100
Lourens replied to Keith:

]large snip]
" As I am only using a modem and dial-up ISP service with just one or two
" daily connects to the internet for a few minutes, I am not running a
" firewall. There's no network, just my computer here at home. It's
" telling
" me that it has skipped the firewall.
[end large snip]

I too do the dial-up thing and this machine is attached to a home network.
Once you have recovered from your ordeal, you may consider enabling the
Personal Firewall.
Monitor the logs and you may be surprised at the number of rejected
conection attempts ...

Bye.

***

If you find a solution and become attached to it,
the solution may become your next problem.

***