Re: [SLE] Installation catastrophe
Very many thanks to everyone who helped me to solve the problem with my
installation of KDE2.2 from a magazine cover disk not working and my not
being able to reinstall 2.1.1 and get it working.

I have uninstalled the earlier KDE, reinstalled it again, and it works this
time.

Thanks also for the information that using <CTL><ALT><F2> to get into
console mode, works when in the KDM log-in screen. I thought it only worked
after KDE had been loaded.

Although everything I have run since getting back to normal runs OK, there
is one more query I have.

The last line of the boot-up log file, after it has switched to run level 5,
states that it has skipped services in run level 5. This message has not
appeared previously.

What does this mean? Is this likely to be a problem, and if so, how can I
cure it, please? I can find no reference to this message in any of the
manuals. If there is going to be a problem with some program in the future,
I would rather sort it now.

Once again, any help will be very gratefully received.

Keith