Re: [SLE] Installation catastrophe
  • From: David Garnier <david.garnier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2001 18:58:31 -0600

>PLEASE can someone help me either with a suggestion (in simple language!) to
>get past the log-in screen or to get back to the original KDE.
Well well, have you ever hear about the console mode? When you're at the login screen, just do a ctrl+alt+F1 will give you the normal console mode login prompt. Just login with your login and password (root or normal) and it will give a nice prompt. I bet that you could use Yast1 to uninstall KDE2 beta.

>I had previously upgraded KDE when I used SuSE7.1 and all went very
>smoothly, so I thought this would be the same. I have no idea why it doesn't
>work and has completely messed up the system.
KDE2.2 is beta software you know.

Best regard,
David Garnier

< Previous Next >