Re: [SLE] Two Hubs
  • From: Rick Green <rtg@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2001 00:13:58 -0400 (EDT)
On Fri, 10 Aug 2001, David Grove wrote:

> Thanks to all who responded. I'll consolidate my replies here.
>
> This d-link is a 5 port + shared uplink (5 is 5 or uplink). The uplink simply
> doesn't work. The uplink port may be flubbed.
>
> However, I have another suspicion. I once had a Lynksys hub. It said that it
> could only be uplinked to other Lynksys hubs. I've a strange feeling that the
> d-link hub might be the same way.
>
> Either way, my solution is to get a new hub for Hub B.
Two other possible work-arounds before you spend additional money:

a) Use a cross-over cable to connect Hub A and Hub B (using 'normal' ports
on both)

b) If Hub A has an 'uplink' port, connect a standard cable between the
'uplink' port on hub A to a 'normal' port on hub B.

--
Rick Green

"I have the heart of a little child, and the brain of a genius.
... and I keep them in a jar under my bed"