Re: [SLE] Very strange hardware problem
  • From: Tazio Ceri <praisetazio@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 23:20:41 +0200
[snip 2]
" There is no power passing
" through the slot as the CPU without fan is not heating at all,
" while my GeForce with a fan gets warm in a rush.
[end snip 2]

Anyone reading this and thinking of trying to run a T_Bird without a fan -
DO NOT!
Hopefully your mobo allows you to prevent the system coming up if it does
not sense the CPU fan.

I have a 1.2G C in a little frame on my desk to remind me of my stupidity
- it smoked in about 30sec. (Don't ask ... I am still in pain <grimace> )

Generally every MOBO I had prevents the CPU from burning.
Howerver it is not my case.. my athlon 600 does not receive
any power.

Tazio

ps: I got an old socket 7 Tyan MOBO on a wall. The fan which
had to cool down a K6 233 broke out and the CPU stopped everything,
but the MOBO smocked away.

< Previous Next >