Re: [SLE] usb ide removable hard drive
  • From: "Greg Krpan" <krpan@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 13:44:39 -0500

>>I went to /proc/ide and only saw
>>my hard drive and cdrom . When i looked in /proc/partions I only saw my
hard
>>drive partitions. So it appears that the usb removable drive did not get

>>loaded but when I go to usbviewer i see the below results:

<SNIP>

>>Config Number: 1
>> Number of Interfaces: 1
>> Attributes: c0
>> MaxPower Needed: 0mA
>>
>>Interface Number: 0
>> Name: (none)
>> Alternate Number: 0
>> Class: ff(vend.)
>> Sub Class: 0
>> Protocol: 0
>> Number of Endpoints: 1
>>
>>and etc......
>>
>>So why is the system not seeing it in /proc/ide.? I am going to
>>http://www.linux-usb.org/ to see if it is indeed supported. Any more
>>suggestions.

I'm a little new to dealing with the USB interfaced devices, but assumed it
would create an IDE drive for the device. Sorry- my oops.

The /proc filesystem contains all of the relavent information about the
system, so my advice would be to check for a /proc/usb directory or
something similar. It's possible that the drive information is contained
within the usb interface information. The naming convention should be
similar to what's under the ide tree I'd guess.

Sorry I can't be of a little more help than that right now, but if I find
any more info I'll pass it along.

<Remainder of post snipped for brevity>

Greg Krpan (krpan@xxxxxxxx)
Senior System Administrator
Raytheon ITSS
USGS EROS Data Center, Mundt Federal Building
Sioux Falls, SD 57198
(605) 594 6854

< Previous Next >