Re:[SLE] SuSEfirewall2 settings
  • From: wolfi <wolfi_z@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2001 09:05:01 +0200
Jaakko Tamminen wrote:

> Hi
>
> To get a little bit more clear picture, do You use this computer as a router
> too, or is it a stand-alone computer? Do You need dial-on-demand?

No router, it is just our one-and-only machine we use for everything:
email, internet, word processing, printing, scanning, ... Dialmode is
'automatic', so if you start e.g. konqueror and then enter a website's
name, it will start the internet connection, and after a time, hangup
automatically as well. Protocoll is Euro-ISDN 64kbit/s with Fritz Card
PCI.

> If it is a standalone, and You don't have any running services to internet,
> perhaps You could use personal firewall...?

Maybe that's a good idea .... ??? ...

> J. Tamminen

Thank you so far ... Wolfi
mailto:wolfi_z@xxxxxx