Re: [SLE] IBM ViaVoice for Linux
  • From: James Oakley <joakley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 17:55:07 -0300

On August 8, 2001 03:33 pm, geno wrote:
> Has anyone tried running this (or any other voice recognition software) on
> Suse Linux? Which Suse version? What results?

I tried the SDK with XVoice and it was pretty cool. I got used to using mc
fairly quickly with it. Anything not console, however, requires an XML file
describing commands to be written for each app, generally.

I'm thinking of doing one of the following:

1) Plunking down the $50 for the full package
2) Writing a GUI app to make it easy to create the XML files for XVoice
3) Saying 'screw it' and buying a Twiddler instead :-)*

I'm currently leaning towards option 3, mainly because I do a lot of
programming and that doesn't work so well with voice recognition.

- --
James Oakley
Engineering - SolutionInc Ltd.
joakley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx