Re: [SLE] Two Hubs
  • From: Stefan Nilsen <stefan.nilsen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 21:29:39 +0200
> I have a problem. Thought you might have a clue or have run into this
> before.

Sure have.

> I have two hubs, let's call them A and B. (Physically, A is a big mama, and
> B is a dinky D-Link.) I have four rooms, A, B, C, and D. (Physically, A is

Check if there is a switch on the D-Link to change the highest numbered port
(in my hub, port #5) between Uplink (internal cross over) or Normal.

Change it to Uplink.

Connect a normal cable from big mama on any port in the middle of the hub (to
be sure you don't choose an uplink port) to the highest numbered port on the
D-Link. Connect the computers to the other ports (be sure to avoid any uplink
ports) and then it should work.

If it doesn't then ?%&%&/)/(gdfg