Re: [SLE] Lan question
  • From: Tor Sigurdsson <tosi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 19:05:47 +0000

Hi,

As you have a cisco router, it's a pice of cake :)

Here is a simulated session:

user@host:~ > telnet router
Trying 192.168.0.254...
Connected to router.
Escape character is '^]'.

User Access Verification

Password:
router>ena
Password:
router#conf te
Enter configuration commands, one per line. End with CNTL/Z.
router(config)#int eth0
router(config-if)#ip accounting output-packets
router(config-if)#^Z <--- here I press control and Z
router#wr mem
router#sh ip acco
Source Destination Packets Bytes
10.0.0.1 100.200.100.1 97 11762
10.0.0.2 200.200.100.100 50 14436

Accounting data age is 2
router#exit

As you can see, it's simplicity itself. The "ip accounting output-packets"
entry only has to be set once. To stop accounting, use "no ip..."

To clear the accounting cache use "clear ip acco" at the "router#" prompt.

-tosi

Þann miðvikudagur 08 ágúst 2001 17:43 skrifaðir þú: