Re: [SLE] Will Proposed System Run SuSE 7.2
  • From: Jack Malone <jmalone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2001 12:27:52 -0500
At 01:19 PM 8/8/2001 -0400, tleck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Dear List Members,
I'm in the process of setting up a new computer. Need advice
concerning possible problems with selected components.

Gigabyte GA-7DX motherboard
Athlon C 1.2GHz CPU
2-256MB DDR-RAM PC-2100 ECC memory
ADAPTEC 2930U PCI SCSI-2 card
3COM/US Robotics Sportster 56K PCI modem (*)
Sound Blaster PCI 128 card
Matrox G450 AGP video card (+)
WinTV PCI card (+)

(*) at $99.50 I don't think it is a winmodem
(+) Own these cards in present PII 350MHz system.

I'm replacing my aha152, modem, and sound card
because they are ISA.
I would make one suggestion of going with an external modem to make sure you get a good modem. Just had to replace an external modem for a dialup access to our air conditioning controller an went with usr 56k external for abt $100.