Re: [SLE] Re: MS/TCP (was Fwd: Re: [SLE] critisism toward SuSE 7.2)
On Wednesday 08 August 2001 12:30, Gilger.John wrote:
> Re: Better read the following about MS and TCP/IP. It's scary
>
> http://www.pbs.org/cringely/pulpit/pulpit20010802.html
>

> Guy Van Sanden told us:
>
> Yes it is scary, but so is just about anything that M$ does...
>
> We have to keep fighting them! Their latest statements on Linux
> and GPL clearly demonstrate that they are loosing, despite of
> what they claim!
>
> To which I'll add:
>
> The "rumor" discussed in this article shows that M$ is indeed a
> predatory monopoly and should be broken up by the government.
>
> A problem I haven't found a satisfactory answer for is that the company
> I work for is locked into using M$ for everything. The reason given is
> that all of our customers require M$ when they migrate their databases
> from AS400. There are a few of us in the vocal minority that preach
> Unix/Linux every chance we get ;) and the latest virus infestations have
> given us plenty of opportunities to point out to management that they
> are Windows-specific.
>
> Perhaps a few letters-to-the-editor in our local papers reminding people
> that worms and viri(?) ONLY affect Windows might plant the idea in
> peoples minds that there is a better computer solution available.
>
> John

I agree with you completely. I watched a newscast about the problem last
night and there was no mention of MS in the main part of the story much less
pplacing any blame on them.

However, the closing line was "people can obtain a fix for the problem on the
MS web site" which left me thinking that it made MS sound like heroes
because they went to the effort to 'save' the public.

+ Bruce S. Marshall bmarsh@xxxxxxxxxx Bellaire, MI 08/08/01 12:53 +
"If the bumper sticker on your truck says 'My other computer is a laptop',
you might be a 'high tech Redneck'"