Ports question
  • From: Andy Calloway <andy.calloway@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 11:07:28 +0100
We're trying to get Tomcat to run on port 80, rather than 8080 (the
default), however there appears to be some security stopping it.

I seem to remember someone telling me you couldn't use ports below a certain
number for some reason, does anyone know how to change this?

Cheers,

Andy.

The views expressed in this E-mail are those of the author and not necessarily those of Knowledge Management Software.
If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering to the intended recipient, please be advised that you have received this E-mail in error and that any use is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this E-mail in error, please notify us by forwarding this E-mail to the following address:

mailadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx