Telnet Connection
  • From: "R. S. Patil" <rspatil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2001 07:18:40 +0530

Dear Friends,

I have installed Suse 7.1 Pro with apache, Samba, wu-ftp
& other packages. The server is serving a LAN of 10 W9x PCs
with static IPs. The Server IP is Kept as 192.168.10.1 and
all nodes are kept ---.10 to ---.19 The Web Server, FTP is
responding from each PC and i am able browse, d/l u/l files
to the server. I am also able to login to server through
Samba and all shares are working as Expected.

I got login to server with some normal user and used
Telnet command from w9x run command. When i try to connect
to Telnet, timeofday, echo etc etc the message connection
lost pops up.

I am new to Linux can somebody tell me what could be wrong ?

R. S. Patil
Kolhapur.